“Silence is the environmental condition most conducive to contemplation, to listening to God, and to meditation. The very fact of experiencing silence and letting ourselves be “filled”, so to speak, with silence, disposes us to prayer. God speaks in silence, but we must know how to listen.” Pope Benedict XVI
Outdoor Masses (Weather Permitting)
- Sunday, June 23 at 10:00 am preached by Father John Williams
- Sunday, July 21 at 10:00 am preached by Father Robert Blaney
Each retreat seeks to shed the light of the Gospel on the experience of life and so renew the joy of believing. Father John Williams, a close friend and seminary classmate of the late Father Matthew Bradley, will be preaching a six-day retreat in June. Father Williams has made many Foyer retreats, both at Chateauneuf and in Scituate.
- Dates: June 24-30, 2019 preached by Father John Williams
Weekends of Prayer 2019
Each weekend of prayer includes a Scriptural reflection close to life experience.
- Friday, July 19 6:30 pm to Sunday, July 21 preached by Father Robert Blaney
- The weekend ends with an outdoor mass at 10:00 am on Sunday, July 21
• The Foyer proposes an offering of $50 to $100 per day for the six day retreat and between $125 and $250 for the weekend of prayer. (Inability to make this offering should not keep someone from making the retreat; please consult the Foyer.)
• All rooms have private bath and AC. Bethany – the second building – has its own chapel and coffee station.
• There is train service (the Greenbush line) from South Station, Boston, to North Scituate where we meet retreatants.