“Silence is the environmental condition most conducive to contemplation, to listening to God, and to meditation. The very fact of experiencing silence and letting ourselves be “filled”, so to speak, with silence, disposes us to prayer. God speaks in silence, but we must know how to listen.” Pope Benedict XVI
Bible Study & Upcoming Mass Schedule
Father Mike Sheehan will be offering a four-part Bible Study on Wednesdays at 9:45 a.m. beginning January 15, 2020 and ending on February 5, 2020. The theme of the study is “The Fatherhood of God.”
Mass will be held at 9:00 am prior to each Bible Study. You are welcome to attend either mass, bible study, or both. All are welcome. Come and see.
Each retreat seeks to shed the light of the Gospel on the experience of life and so renew the joy of believing. Father John Williams, a close friend and seminary classmate of the late Father Matthew Bradley, will be preaching a six-day retreat in June. Father Williams has made many Foyer retreats, both at Chateauneuf and in Scituate. Please stay tuned for the 2020 retreat dates.
- Dates: June 24-30, 2019 preached by Father John Williams
Weekends of Prayer 2019
Each weekend of prayer includes a Scriptural reflection close to life experience. Please stay tuned for the 2020 Weekend of Prayer dates.
- Friday, July 19 6:30 pm to Sunday, July 21 preached by Father Robert Blaney
- The weekend ends with an outdoor mass at 10:00 am on Sunday, July 21
• The Foyer proposes an offering of $50 to $100 per day for the six day retreat and between $125 and $250 for the weekend of prayer. (Inability to make this offering should not keep someone from making the retreat; please consult the Foyer.)
• All rooms have private bath and AC. Bethany – the second building – has its own chapel and coffee station.
• There is train service (the Greenbush line) from South Station, Boston, to North Scituate where we meet retreatants.